Remove interior door frame?

I removed a kitchen door, now I want to take off the interior door frame. Where it was, I'd like to make it smooth and flat so you can't tell a door was there. When I took off one of the clamshell sides, I see that there are many different options, all with their challenges. What would you recommend?
Hang sheetrock and use outside metal corner bead on all edges, float with joint compound and paint
Carefully peel off molding from one side. You should then see nails going thru shims which hold frame in place. Cut with sawzall and remove frame. Replace with flat trim.

I just did the same thing on my kitchen. As the other person said, cut it out, and nail on some corner bead, and then use joint compound. You'll need to wrap it with baseboards and tie them in to the existing bbs.

My Ex took out a door & frame when I went shopping for a used pickup and came home with a fire red Mitsu 3000GT.
Al Bundy wrote:

we're going to need a little more information
i mean, some of us don't have x's
Did she do a nice job did she clean up behind herself?
HOW DID SHE EVEN GET IN THE HOUSE
deep down you wanted her there? you wanted her to say, baby, im home?