Remote controlled front door lock

Any experience with a remote controlled front door lock.
It seems like an extravagance but I want one.
IIUC, there are two models, one for 150 dollars with an enormous lock inside, that had special beeping for every meaning, and a red/green led on the outside that imitated the beeping.
And I think there is a cheaper one that just goes on where the the knob is now inside. I haven't seen that one yet. I think you have to figure it worked when you open the door, or you can't get in. When you are locking the door, I guess, hmmm, you have to rely on the doorknob lock if the remote doesn't work.
They both use 4 AA batteries.
Any experience with them, especially the cheaper one.
mm wrote:

You could try alt.locksmithing

sounds like a great idea! I've never been to that group and didn't think of it. Thanks.
mm wrote:

I've got one -- not remote, but combination button push. Uses up batteries faster than I would like.
If I had it to do over, I'd investigate one of those gizmos that allows you to release the striker plate by pushing a button (like on pawn shop doors and roller rinks) and rig up a remote to activate.