Refrigerator question

Last August I replaced my failing refrigerator with a new Kenmore. All the many years I had the old refrigerator the freezer temp was a bit below 0, until its last few weeks. The new Kenmore was also, the first three or four months. Then it suddenly changed to + 4 to + 7 or so with the analog freezer thermometer. I called warranty repair and the repair guy checked it out and said it was normal. I was doubtful. I bought an additional thermometer, a $10 digital freezer thermometer. Then, last Saturday, the temp suddenly went up to +17. It seemed to go up to 17 or so, then the cooling would come on and reduce it to around 0, then with the cooling function off it would go back to 17, slowly, over and over. I think it is a defective freezer thermostat, or don't they work that way anymore? I called for service again Saturday, which will come this Wednesday. How can I convince this service person this time that I really have defective freezer function so it gets properly repaired? I'm afraid the next temperature change, or the one after, will be to above freezing. These Sears repair guys work on all the appliances and perhaps understand none of them really well.

Or am I wrong and this is within normal freezer operation parameters? BTW. the non-freezer portion of the refrigerator has, according to an old analog thermometer, remained normal.

Ken

Reply to
KenK

After defrost cycle, my next SWAG would be a start relay on the compressor going bad.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@24g2000yqi.googlegroups.com:

My state (AZ) doesn't do daylight savings time. Also, I check at random times - probably five or six times a day.

That's what I think too. Now to try to convince the repair guy tomorrow. If not, I guess I'll have to wait until the freezer thaws my stuff. Then I suspect/hope I'll be believed.

Reply to
KenK