REFRIGERATOR NOISES

We recently moved into a house that has a ( used ) Magic Chef refrigerator.
I've cleaned the coils, fan, compressor and drip-pan as part of "move-in maintenance".
About once every evening, it sounds like the fridge is "Taking a leak".
I've checked he drip-pan, it has some moisture, but nothing like what I'm hearing.
I figure it may have something to do with a defrost cycle.... but what is it ??..... refrigerant ?
???? <rj>
<RJ> wrote:

Does it have an ice maker? Are you sure you aren't hearing the ice cube tray fill up?
--
Bo Williams - snipped-for-privacy@hiwaay.net
http://hiwaay.net/~williams /
wrote:

<rj>

This is Turtle.
What your hearing maybe when the refrigerator goes into defrost cycle it turn off everything that is running and no noise at all. then the freon left in the high side of the freon lines will make a hissing noise for about 1 to 2 minutes while the pressure equalize. This noise should not last more that 1 to 2 minutes before stopping making the noise. This noise would sound like a water focet running water but very lightly.
This is not a problem for you have this on all the systems and is hard to stop it.
TURTLE
P.S. I just answered the wrong person and too lazy to retype it again.

Hi,
*Some* common noises that could be heard with an modern frost free refrigerator....
http://www.applianceaid.com/images/fridgenoises.JPG