refrigerator filtered water dispenser won't go

I have a Sears "TRIO" side by side, where the filtered water dispenser is inside the fridge on the left wall. Today, it just stopped working - no flow. I tried putting in a new filter, but no dice. Any ideas?
Is the valve an electric valve, or is it mechanical ? My best guess is that the valve has failed. Where is the valve located?
thanks
On 12 Mar 2007 09:45:39 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

My sears side by side water valve is located at the bottom back just inside where the plumbing hookup is. It is an electric solenoid operated by pushing on the dispenser control.
On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:49:10 -0400, "Charles Schuler"

hose was kinked. Of course the hose wasn't kinked after I had moved the washer away from the wall. (an advantage I guess of those you fix from the front, iiuc.)
I couldn't find a problem with the old one, even after I broke it apart.