redoing table lamps?

Hi I have redecorated my livigroom and now my 2 table lamps (dusty rose) do not go at all. they are brass base and the center is ceramic (dusty rose) the shade is dusty rose. They are your old traditional style 2 table lamps and 1 floor lamp set. Can I paint the lamp somehow black and get new black shades or something. Please help I can not afford new lamps right now. Thanks in advance.

-- The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.

Reply to
Ninip

quoting:

I've seen crafts people turn ugly old lamps into new ones again. Try asking in rec.crafts.misc .

Reply to
JM

Maybe there's a "creative ideas for refurbishing lamps" website? It really depends on your style and what your abilities are. New lamps aren't all that expensive.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

N > I have redecorated my livigroom and now my 2 table lamps (dusty rose) do no

N > go at all. N > they are brass base and the center is ceramic (dusty rose) the shade is N > dusty rose. They are your old traditional style 2 table lamps and 1 floor N > lamp set. Can I paint the lamp somehow black and get new black shades or N > something. Please help I can not afford new lamps right now. Thanks in N > advance.

Haven't done myself but I'm thinking a thorough cleaning and spray painting with a Rustoleum-type of paint. You can take the lamps apart

-- there is probably a long tube inside holding together. Unscrew the nut(s).

If the shades are acceptable except for the colour you could try dying or spray painting also. If it doesn't work you were thinking of getting new shades anyway!

  • File not found -- what did you do with it?
Reply to
barry martin