recommendation for basement exterior door

I have a door that goes to the outside from my basement. Right now its a hollow core door (I know I know, it was there when I bought the place), and that hollow core door has swollen shut. For the most part I'm inclined to just let it do nothing, swollen shut it certainly doesn't leak air. But sooner or later I will want to replace it, door frame and everything.
So when that time comes, assuming the door will be in damp conditions, what would be better a steel door or a wooden door? I'd be inclined to say steel, thinking that wood would swell and warp and rot in damp conditions, but I wonder if steel would just rust. I don't care about looks per se, just durability and air/water tightness.

I'd take the steel over wood, but I'd also look at fiberglass. I have no idea of the relative price though. Masonite makes some nice ones, but probably more than you'd want for a basement access.
wrote in message

Didn't even know they made fiberglass doors. It would certainly be impervious to the elements, and they seem to be resonably fire-rated. Not the strongest construction though.

Fiberglass doors are a premium product, I really like mine. They are certainly as strong as a wooden door.
--
Dennis

Hmm, well I'll give them a looksee then.