Rebuilding Retaining Walls

Page 2 of 2

We have kids and we've never worried about our retaining wall. (being six inches from the fence, its not like the kids will accidentally fall off it...) Even if we moved the retaining wall out to the neighbors behind us, a three foot drop to grass wouldn't be concerning either.

What? You actually let your children PLAY OUTSIDE? That's CHILD ABUSE!
;-)

Lots of kids end up in ER rooms after falling off walls every year..
its a attractive nuisance

We're talking about the border, not the high-traffic areas of the yard. He'd even gain usable space by having fill dirt added to his neighbor's border instead of having a 3 foot drop off which to fall (only to break your fall on the fence top... ouch).
mike wrote:

The neighbor may not wanna give up any of HIS flat space, is what I was trying to say. Most subdivision back yards are not real big, since they all went for the show-off front yards for the last forty years.
--
aem sends...