Rebuilding Retaining Walls

Very true...I have a cement retaining wall for a daylight basement on a split level that is starting to lean...Cement wall is not cracked and is solid as hell , it is just falling over...It is about 10 inches thick , 4 feet tall and 15 feet long...Not sure what to do as I don't know if excavating behind it and pushing it back to plumb with an excavator and securing is possible or whether it will have to be busted up , which won't be an easy task , and replaced...Got to get a pro in to look at it sometime...Some things are not DIY...LOL...

Reply to
benick

We have kids and we've never worried about our retaining wall. (being six inches from the fence, its not like the kids will accidentally fall off it...) Even if we moved the retaining wall out to the neighbors behind us, a three foot drop to grass wouldn't be concerning either.

Reply to
John

What? You actually let your children PLAY OUTSIDE? That's CHILD ABUSE!

;-)

Reply to
keith

Lots of kids end up in ER rooms after falling off walls every year..

its a attractive nuisance

Reply to
hallerb

The neighbor may not wanna give up any of HIS flat space, is what I was trying to say. Most subdivision back yards are not real big, since they all went for the show-off front yards for the last forty years.

Reply to
aemeijers