re-routing AC lines?

I've got an outside AC unit that I'd like to move. Right now it's on about 35 feet of tubing from the furnace. How far can these lines run? I'd like to have the unit moved from the back of the house to the far side. A move that would add about 20 feet more tubing, 15 of which would be inside the house.

You can do whatever you want to do, but keep in mind that each maker has a set of guidelines for distance, and sizing. Without that infomation, you are just asking for problems. Contact someone that can take the model and serial number of the unit, and determine if more than 50 feet is too far, and if so, if the lineset needs to be upsized as most do.
On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:18:29 -0400, "wkearney99"

The mfg has recommendations for the units. What is your brand and model number and we will tell you what the mfg says.