range hood install

I want to vent my range hood to the outside.

the wall has a beam directly behind the hood. can I cut it or do I have to rip down that sect of wall and frame it out?

Reply to
mbunatank

You NEVER cut beams. However you can cut some studs and reframe the load that they carry to the neighboring studs.

Pretty hard to tell you what is correct from here.

Reply to
SQLit

Define beam? Is it steel or timber and why would demolishing a wall be your other option and what would you achieve by doing that?

Reply to
ben.aust

Define beam? Is it steel or timber and why would demolishing a wall be

your other option and what would you achieve by doing that?

rephrase. stud of an outside wall

Reply to
mbunatank