rain gutters

Hi All:

I was considering doing cooper gutters and downspouts till I got the price. Boy, those are pricey!!

Now I think I'll be doing alum, does anyone know if alum. gutters can be color matched to my trim color? Wife picked a crazy color for the trim and the selection of alum. colors so far do not work.

Does anyone know someone that sells the copper gutters at a discount? I did a google search and there mostly retailers out of state so with freight its still expensive.

I am in Los Angeles.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Reply to
SEPrince1

I have seen brown gutters with white insides or white with brown inside, depending on how they load the machine. I suppose they sell other colors but I haven't seen it. Got anymore paint?

Reply to
Greg

I've seen copper gutters installed. The guy comes with a big truck and a bunch of specialized tools. It took several days for the job and I think the joints were soldered together. I have no idea of the cost, but a three or four man crew plus a truck plus the cost of materials has to be in the many thousands of dollars range.

Sure is pretty though.

Reply to
Ed Clarke

Copper gutters are pretty when shiny and new, but then they get that patina that turns them a dull light green (see Statue of Liberty). I painted my aluminum gutters with plain exterior latex gloss paint 10 or so years ago. I have a black fibreglass shingled roof and the white gutters had become stained with black. There was no cleaner that would remove the black stains without scrubbing, which also removed some of the the thin baked-on enamel, so I just repainted them white. They are still white since the black stains do not seem to adhere to the latex paint.

Reply to
willshak