Questions about expanding foam insulation

I made a hole in the side of my house to install a dryer vent. I want to seal around it with the spray expanding foam insulation. Looking at the Great Stuff brand, I can either buy stuff that cures rigid or flexible. Here are links for both (rigid first):
http://building.dow.com/na/en/products/sealants/gapscracks.htm
http://building.dow.com/na/en/products/sealants/windowdoor.htm
Which one would be better? And it says on the can that it is designed for one use, rather than using it a bit and saving it for a future use, because the dispenser gets filled and cures. Is there any way to save it for a future use?
thanks in advance, John
In article
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Unless you need the softer stuff, like around windows to prevent jamming, I prefer the rigid foam. It is much easier to trim after hardening for a neat fit.
The original multi-page instructions that used to come with Great Stuff (along with a pair of disposable gloves) had this tip:
Remove the tube and nozzle/trigger. Moisten a toothpick and place one in each opening where the foam was: One in the can itself, one in each end of the nozzle/trigger and one in each end of the tube. When the foam hardens, it will stick to the wooden toothpicks and pull out easily. It works quite well. I prefer flat toothpicks, with the big end stuffed into the holes.
You can also squirt acetone in each place to clean the foam while it is still wet.
--
Dennis

DT wrote:

I just hold the can right side up and give a couple blasts of air. Wait a few minutes and do it again as the foam swells. Sometimes 3 or 5 times. It blows the tubes clear. Next time it works fine.
I used the rigid stuff on my dryer vent too.It came out good Just make sure you use a little, it will go a long way and expand. As far as the dispenser, I usually just use drinking straws on the can, then throw them away. They fit snug on top of the can.
Thanks, everyone, for your advice.
responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/Questions-about-expanding-foam-insulation-388986-.htm stockthomas wrote:
Hey, there is a company now that sells spare nozzle packs that work with great stuff and other brands, they are in my local hardware store, www.xtendafoam.com , No brainer, saves me from throwing away half used cans and trying to clean out the nozzles. Enjoy!
Big Daddy wrote: