Questions about a "light gauge steel screwdriver" DW968

I needed a couple 12v batteries and the cheapest way to get them was to buy a DW968.

I don't do any light gauge steel framing; any reason I can just use it as a screwdriver? The variable clutch is completely different than the ones on Dewalts other products; any reason for that? It doesn't engage until you push on it. Why?

Oh, I paid $60 delivered for a new one on eBay. $259.99! Geez...

Reply to
Toller

There are two sorts of clutches...one you set the torque, and the other you set the depth. This is the second type.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Its mostly used for installing drywall and dimpling the paper just right. The reason it doesn't engage is so you can put the most amount of screws in the least amount of time. If you have ever seen one used, the installer doesn't stop the tool they keep the trigger down and just keep putting screws after screw into the sheet.

Reply to
Cliff Hartle