Question on Addition and Power/Phone/Gas Lines

We are going to have an addition put on our home. It will be off the back of the house.
Right now the power, gas and phone lines go into the house where our addition will be added on, so they will have to be moved.
Where to move them, well, we have a couple options. But, I was just wondering how much of an issue this would be? Who does this, the utility companies, or a contractor? Is it an expensive proposition? Is this something I could talk with the guy about when they come out to mark the lines?
Thanks.. this is really out of curiosity.
Bradley V. Stone wrote:

It can be a big issue. You are responsible for moving all of those utilities. A contractor will have to be used for moving them. Then the work will be inspected by the governing jurisdiction, then they will be turned on. The phone line won't be a big deal, but the service and the gas will be. I would budget about $2,000 for this if there aren't any major problems and can be done easily.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.