Question for Section 8 Landlords.

Do Section 8 renters requires more home repair and maintenance than non Section 8s? Also does the government require you to modify your building to their standards even though it meets local codes?

In one recent case of mine, no! (advantage, rent was never late)

No. The government will do walk through with you and the tenant. The tenant must follow the Lease as in any other case. There is another inspection when the lease is re-newed. Items needing attention (routine wear and tear) must be corrected.
No one ever used Google?
http://www.hud.gov/about/section8.cfm
Landlord's Obligations: The role of the landlord in the voucher program is to provide decent, safe, and sanitary housing to a tenant at a reasonable rent. The dwelling unit must pass the program's housing quality standards and be maintained up to those standards as long as the owner receives housing assistance payments. In addition, the landlord is expected to provide the services agreed to as part of the lease signed with the tenant and the contract signed with the PHA.

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 87 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
Properly done, both should meet the standards of the International Property Maintenance Code. But reality says that there are a lot of 'parking lot inspections' So it depends on local code, the quality of inspections, etc. You should rephrase the question to get a more appropriate answer. As far as the question goes, it's been my impression that Section 8 renters tend more to not do the little fixit things that come along, and leave them more to the owner. Even when it's the tenant's kid that broke the wallboard.
Fred wrote:

I won't even consider renting Section 8.
My houses all meet the local building code for existing structures or will if they don't.
Do you really want to be dependent on the government for anything?
Colbyt
Do you really want to be dependent on the government for anything?

you don't want to be dependent on the deduction? Great! Finally, a fellow of principle.