Question about an automatic garage door switch

Hi all.
I just moved into a house that has an old automatic garage door. It only has 1 switch and no remotes. To raise and lower the door, I have to hold the button down the entire time. Is there a type of switch that I can install where I just push the button once and it raises and lowers the door entirely?
Thanks.
Brian
That would be a malfunction or maybe just a shortcoming of the motor unit. Maybe a relay is non-functional. Well, it's NOT the wall switch. If the unit was made in the last century or so, contact the mfg'er and find out what it's supposed to do. I have a feeling it's an ancient relic that pre-dates the transmitter and single-pulse wall switch.

door
Thanks for the advice.
I just looked and it's a Sears, but I can't imagine how old it is.

only
hold