Stump killer question

I recently had a 20" diameter chinaball tree cut down. They did not have a stump grinder, and I didn't care because I intended to put a planter over the stump. The stump was cut down about 3" above ground level.

Like a cat that won't go away, it started growing again. What is the best way to kill this thing? Drill and put stump killer in the holes? Which stump killer is good and won't kill everything else, or new plants I put near it?

Steve

Reply to
Desert Traveler

If you don't want to use chemical, just keep snipping all of the shoots off as they grow out, and all of the food in the root will be gone in a year or so. Or, you can speed things up by girdling the stump by cutting out a 1/2 inch slice of bark all the way around close to the ground.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

stump killer, big drill bit, drill some holes, paint the top, any exposed wood with stump killer and pour some down the holes

Reply to
shawn

Drill some holes in the stump, pour some full strength Roundup concentrate in the holes.

Reply to
Chuck