Quartz Space Heater

Page 2 of 11

hehehe We replaced a 350,000btuh steamer a couple years back with another the same size. Huge, old house. I think it was built around 1910.

--
Cat fur expands to fill all available
drives.

Biggest I've seen is a 1 Million Btu boiler for a commercial building. 2" Black Pipe Natural gas main and manifold!
Had the original pilot valve, gas valve and separate regulator on it, that had all been under water.
Can you say... scarrrrrrry?

I worked on an oil fired unit that was somewhere around that size. It was interesting. They had a boiler big enough to duck walk in where I took my training. It wasn't in use but impressive nonetheless.

Candidates for the Darwin.

--
Cat fur expands to fill all available
drives.
Daestrom. Funny thing the MBTU rating I have seen always seems to mean thousands of BTUs. The old "M" means thousands apparently as in some of the old style prefixes. Ya' gotta' hate it.

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:53:17 -0500, "Solar Flare"

The 'M' seems to come from Roman Numerals. I've seen 'C' (for hundreds) used that way too. The usage amount on my gas bills is in CCF (hundred cubic feet). The amounts on the gas royalty checks I've seen are in MCF (thousand cubic feet).
I remember finding that 'M' confusing, when I had more experience with metric units.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

There is a very popular quartz heater on the market today. People are purchasing them like crazy. They even like the product.
Does this make it "reasonably priced" or manufactured from a "quality company"?

Do you know the make/model of this unit?

I will not provide information on a product where I feel the company is very misleading and using a marketing strategy to gain it's cliental.
SORRY
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

to gain customers.

I knew someone would say this...
But to be "Plain and Simple"... I can not promote an item that I do not believe in.

Ill sell you 25 each 100 watt light bulbs.
ultimately does the same thing...

No kidding... this is what people don't understand.
Which produces more heat?
A 1 - 500 watt halogen light. B 5 - 100 watt light bulbs. C 1 - 500 watt electric heater D 1 - 500 watt quartz heater E 1 - 500 watt baseboard heater
Which answer below is correct?
A They all create different amounts of heat. B A & B are equal, C & E are equal, but D produces more heat. C A, B & D are equal and C & E are equal, but C & E produce more heat. D (A,B,C,D & E) All create the same amount of heat.

This a "trick question" or what ?
--
SVL

- Yahoo me--at ( precisionmachinesam )

I'll try to catch ya tomorrow, going to catch some zzzzz now. :-)

zzzzzzzzzzz

I just sent you an IM.
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Correct, but incomplete, answer (have renumbered answers) is 4
But complete answer is:
A,B and D produce more radiation heat C less radiation E most heats buy convection
Therefore, if you are sitting exposed to sources A, B and D, you feel warmer with the same power (sounds strange ?) as of C or E.
If you are interested ONLY in heating a room, answer 1) is ok. But if you are interested in heating people (for example, outdoor), sources A, B and D are very efficient options.
Let us put it this way: A,B and D are most efficient in delivering the same amount of power of C and E, but where you need it more: on your body.
Example: a keep 64 F at home. When I am walking around it is a comfortable temperature. But when I sit down, I start to feel a little cold. Solution: a 150W halogen lamp with reflector pointed in my direction. 150W is not that much power, but you have to compare it to your body heating power (about 100-200W), so if you could deliver that power to heat yourself and not the walls of your house ... :-)
R.L.Deboni
Hey ! Free illumination!
Do you believe in perpetual motion too?

Actually, the illumination is, indeed, free. 500 watts of energy consumed results in 500 watts of heat, regardless of what else the energy is doing. If you have a refrigerator that consumes 500 watts of electricity and it runs continuously, it's producing exactly the same amount of heat as five 100 watt light bulbs. And it chills your beer for free. In fact, if you heat your home with electricity, it doesn't cost a dime to run all your appliances and keep all your lights on all day and all night long (assuming, of course, that you do it during the heating season and you're not overheating your house).
snipped-for-privacy@hootmail.invalidated says...