Q: The wattage for electric blankets?

Do you think that an electric blanket that has 100 Watts on each side is warmer than an electric blanket that is 180 Watts altogether?
i just figured out that since it has two controls that this means the left half and the right half is only 100 watts each and this probably doesn't mean that it's 100 watts on each side.

Left half 100 Right half 100 That means 200 total 100 on each side.

In theory the double has more watts, thus more heat. Effectiveness depends on where the actual coverage is.

on high will cook you. If it doesn't, put a blanket on top of it. If you turn down the dial, the total watts on high isn't very relevant unless you want to preheat in an instant.

Darn right. I don't know the wattage of my blanket, but the control goes from 1 to 10 and if I put it on anything higher than 1, I'm too hot. That's in a bedroom that's 66 or 65, iirc, but even if it were colder, I don't think I could go over 2.