Q: How to get rid of rabbits?

Page 2 of 2
On Sat, 21 May 2005 04:15:14 +0000, Oscar_Lives wrote:

LOL! Which would be better, a ballpeen hammer or a claw hammer?
Linux Registered User #327951
Oscar_Lives wrote:

Oooh, that reminds me of jackrabbit drives back in the 50s... :(
OK, i'll bite. What the hell was a jackrabbit drive in the 50's? Solution to problem is sell the house to elmer fudd.
-- Troweller^nospam^@canada.com
Remove the obvious to reply. Experienced and reliable Concrete Finishing and Synthetic Stucco application in the GTA.

Hair clippings, your own or especially some combed off your dog or cat. Put it on the ground near the plants you want to preserve and they will leave it alone. I learned this from a garden show on PBS or HGTV so I can't directly speak to its effectiveness but it sounds pretty low impact if it does work.
Leave the lawn untreated, the rabbits will keep it self mowing. I doubt your hairy enough to cover the yard but if you had a dog like mine, obtaining hair is not a problem.
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. If so, make an opening and they will move out in a couple weeks.
Around my house, the cat takes care of the problem whether I like it or not. If the rabbit is big enough, the cat might just make friends instead.

A Jack(rabbit) Hammer, what else.

Beat yourself to death with a hammer and NOTHING will bother you any longer.

Use a claw hammer and claw out your eyes and go have sex with your gay lover.

c snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Leave them. Home buyers are generally a googly-eyed bunch and the sight of baby bunnies will get their hormones going and they'll love your house. [When I first saw this house 20 years ago the old couple next-door was feeding squirrels. Their were literally 40-50 squirrels climbing all over their bird feeder every time we came to look at this house. We thought they were cute. The old folks have long since died, and now I feed the birds--- but my pellet gun keeps the local squirrel population to one or less.]

-snip-
Just as a heads up, that is probably illegal. Once you've already bent the law by trapping the critters- you might as well drown them. [though the most humane way to dispatch them is probably to hold them by their head & give them a shake]
Jim