PVC pipe OK for Portable Water?

Hey,
I need to replace a damaged underground water pipe to a sink in my garage and have been recommended to use PVC. I friend told me only CPVC is OK for this as the water is sometimes used for drinking. Is this true? I could only see PVC in my local Home Depot so if CPVC is needed I'm not sure where to get it.
Thanks
Nick..
That's "potable"
And you read the answer. http://www.ppfahome.org/pvc.html
(For others, the answer is 'PVC is OK'.)

Yes PVC is o.k. for potable water. CPVC is required for hot water service.
Harry K
On 7 Sep 2004 06:48:50 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Harry K) wrote:

Thanks guys.
Nick..