pvc pipe, can it be bent?

Is there a way to bend white pvc pipe? Heat? Chemical?

yes...heat
you have to support the inside with something like a big spring then heat and bend carefully
you have to support the inside with something like a big spring then heat and bend carefully
theres flexible schedule 40 in 3 and 4 inch diameters. outside it appears corrugated, inside its smooth
theres flexible schedule 40 in 3 and 4 inch diameters. outside it appears corrugated, inside its smooth
theres flexible schedule 40 in 3 and 4 inch diameters. outside it appears corrugated, inside its smooth
Depending on what you are doing and the pipe size you may only need to curve it. 3/4 and even 1" can make quite a curve without kinking.
Harry K
when bending you cant allow the connection location to deform, because it wouldnt seal.
incidently schedule 40 clear drain pipe is available too

I thought that was only used for Drano commercials!

I imagine that could be better than TV in some places ... "Hey look ... corn"

That reminds me, if you are talking small diameters, PEX would be good for that and it can be coupled to PVC easily.
Bending waste size pipe..(3 or 4 or ... inches?).
To keep it from collapsing someone suggested a spring be placed in the pipe. What about sand? Someone told me some pipes are bent while sand filled to prevent this very thing.
And to the heat... I take it mild heating from a butane torch is ok? I'll try my wifes hair drier first.
Thanks all.
Harry K wrote:

Heat gun works. Be vewwy, vewwy careful.
Bending waste size pipe..(3 or 4 or ... inches?).
To keep it from collapsing someone suggested a spring be placed in the pipe. What about sand? Someone told me some pipes are bent while sand
filled to prevent this very thing --------------------------------------
You can buy code legal flexible schedule 40 from speciality suppliers NOT big box suppliers!
I suggested springs since I used to fix machines at a PVC plastics manufacturer, and thats how they custom nent plastic pipe, schedule 40 pipe.
p[lace was interesting and they were friendly one day I fixed there machine, went back a week later with a minor part, they had closed and building was empty.
very sad they all lost their job:(
werwer wrote:

A hair dryer isn't going to do the job - a butane burner would be ok.
I put a very slight bend in 2" pvc pipe before and it didn't look neat because the pipe just wanted to kink.
I suggest you practice on some scrape pieces first.

Heat would do it, but I don't think I'd trust it for pressure (water-feed-lines) applications after doing that.
What are you trying to do that regular sweep and bend fittings won't accomplish?