Pump monitor?

Threaded View
Click Here To Start a New Thread
I am on a well system and over the years have been alerted to a leak
by hearing the pump running.  It was never very loud but now has
become so weak as to be inaudilble...no, the fact that I am pushing 80
and can't hear my wife couldn't be the problem. :)

Anyhow.  Anyone know of some sort of a cheap gadget that I could
either clamp to the pipe or set by it tht would turn on a light?  I
could put that near the TV.

Harry K

Re: Pump monitor?
Easier would be a current detecting switch on the pump electrical feed
methinks...like one of the woodshop dust collector turn-on thingies as
an example product.  If you're electronically handy, they're easy enough
to stick together w/ a few parts and turns around one lead.

--

Re: Pump monitor?

I will assumed that pump is control by pressure switch why not just add
light bulb in parallel to the pump, if safety is problem you can have any
electrician to add small step down transformer to 24 volt ac or 12 then
you can use any car lights bulb.

Re: Pump monitor?
That's what I was thinking too.  Even better might be that connected
to some kind of timer device like a time delay relay, that would set
off a buzzer
if power was on for longer than some pre-determined time.

Re: Pump monitor?
That sounds like what I was thinking of.  I'll take a look at the
pressure switch and seed if I can figure out where to tie in...or have
the step down thing built.  Thanks.

Harry K

Re: Pump monitor?
Fisher-Price makes wireless "Baby Monitors" that have sound and light
capabilities

Re: Pump monitor?
That's a possible, thanks.

Harry K