Pump monitor?

I am on a well system and over the years have been alerted to a leak by hearing the pump running. It was never very loud but now has become so weak as to be inaudilble...no, the fact that I am pushing 80 and can't hear my wife couldn't be the problem. :)
Anyhow. Anyone know of some sort of a cheap gadget that I could either clamp to the pipe or set by it tht would turn on a light? I could put that near the TV.
Harry K
On 7/7/2012 1:54 PM, Harry K wrote:

Easier would be a current detecting switch on the pump electrical feed methinks...like one of the woodshop dust collector turn-on thingies as an example product. If you're electronically handy, they're easy enough to stick together w/ a few parts and turns around one lead.

I will assumed that pump is control by pressure switch why not just add light bulb in parallel to the pump, if safety is problem you can have any electrician to add small step down transformer to 24 volt ac or 12 then you can use any car lights bulb.
..

That's what I was thinking too. Even better might be that connected to some kind of timer device like a time delay relay, that would set off a buzzer if power was on for longer than some pre-determined time.
..

That sounds like what I was thinking of. I'll take a look at the pressure switch and seed if I can figure out where to tie in...or have the step down thing built. Thanks.
Harry K
On 7/7/12 2:54 PM, Harry K wrote:

Fisher-Price makes wireless "Baby Monitors" that have sound and light capabilities

That's a possible, thanks.
Harry K