protecting white cedar shingles

I have white cedar shingles on my house. 10 years ago when we put them up, we treated them with a stain/bleach mixture, and they have weathered to a fairly uniform gray color (not quite Cape Cod, but that's 500 miles away), which is what we wanted.

The most exposed side of the house is showing a fair amount of weathering (wood surface eroding), and I would like to slow this down by applying something. Question is, what? The main thing I would like to achieve is some water repellency, and I would like not to create a seriously blotchy effect. The shingles are going to differ quite a bit in the degree to which they absorb anything I apply.

So, advice?

Reply to
nick

Cabots oil products are good