Propane weed burner question

Page 2 of 2
43.com (Jack S) says...

Salt. If you are in a dry climate, one application will sterilize the soil for years.
--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.

Boiling water works suprisingly well.

Flaming is also used in organic farming to keep the annuals and biennials from growing and flowering. Eventually the roots will die from a lack of photosynthesis. If they are already flowering, you may wish to cut or pull out the plant and flowers to reduce weed seeds from spreading around. However, I doubt if any weed seeds may survive the toasting at 3000+ F?
----- At peace with weeds...

Here in Seattle, use of "weed burners" is illegal. FWIW.
Bob

Is the OP in Seattle? If not, who cares?
I just burned my "lawn" and garden off. It's finally time to plant. And we're going to burn 20 acres of hay meadows off that we weren't able to hay last year, due to Seattle-type weather all frigging summer.
Jan in Alaska
--
Bedouin proverb: If you have no troubles, buy a goat.

Just suggesting that it could be an issue. He could be in seattle, or it could be illegal where he is.
Bob