propane tank/gas cooktop

Found a thread which was helpful but not completely. I bought a gas cooktop (kenmore) with the lp conversion kit. Plan to have it on the lanai to be able to cook out there. Plan on connecting to either a 20lb or 100lb portable lp tank. My question is exactly how do I connect it from the regulator on the cooktop to the propane tank? Do I need a 2nd regulator at the tank, and what kind of tubing, etc? I looked on the regulator that came with the cooktop, doesn't look like anything screws into it, as there is no threads on either side of the regulator.
Angela
snipped-for-privacy@vomlandholz.com wrote:

Once converted (the conversion kit also modifies the regular and nozzle), you hook up the gas the same way you would with natural gas. The tank will be outside for safety. It is a good idea to read your local codes at the very least.
davidlaska wrote:

I don't know how that would be since I don't have natural gas either. The tank would be outside as well as the cooktop, but I need to know do I just buy a line and regulator for a 20lb propane tank and if so, how does it connect to the stove?
I haven't used gas in 20 years.
Angela
snipped-for-privacy@vomlandholz.com wrote:

The best source for that information is your local propane supplier. I have used propane for years and have also converted my appliances to propane. I have also used propane to power space heaters and camp stoves.
If you have more than one propane appliance then you will have one regualtor for the entire house, usually attached to the house. On my house, I have soft copper from the tank to the regulator. From there black pipe is used to make the runs to the the appliances. then, flexible tubing is used to the appliance. So, you see a variety of piping is used for different situations. Camping and heating appliances are supplied with a rubber hose and crimp-on connectors.
If you only have the one stove then you should be able to use the regulator that you say came with the stove. Some of the stuff you say like no threads on a regulator don't make sense so talk to you propane supplier for expert information. My supplier is big on safety and are more than happy to hook up and check my gas. Even if it's just a pilot light they will come out for nothing.
Lawrence wrote:

I missed the comment about "no threads", and 20 years since she used gas, she should take your advice and try a propane place.
Thanks, will be visiting them tomorrow :)
Angela