product opinion wanted?

I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a superior product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Nate... Iam sure you have more good sense than money. What a rip off. Warren

Reply to
WW

*LOL I'm not sure how much value those things will add to the house. Go with Hubbell or Pass & Seymour if you want to upgrade, but you should be fine with the Leviton for normal household use.
Reply to
John Grabowski

Damn! I had to check the calendar again to be sure it was no April Fools' Day

Reply to
Charlie

theres a sucker born every minute, bet congress specs these for all governent work, it fits their price pork piggie model............

what a ripoff, just like monster cables

Reply to
hallerb

If you buy even one of those, I have a bridge or two to sell you at bargain prices.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Can I "back stab" the wires with these and do the come in a GFCI version?

Reply to
Oren

Did you read the reviews? They're hilarious.

Reply to
Rick Brandt

From my lips to God's ears: I did not write any of the reviews.

Reply to
HeyBub

Amazing what some people will buy. I expect the same customer base as Monster (hype and markup) Cable, CD stabilizer bricks, Oxygen free copper power cords and the like. All snake oil.

If you want a top grade receptacle, get a hospital grade Hubbell.

Reply to
Pete C.

Audio grade BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Nate Nagel wrote in news:SvO%m.1144$% snipped-for-privacy@newsfe21.iad:

Check into an extended warranty :-)

150 bucks for an outlet?

Red Green

Is it available on the site so I can read it :-/

I don't want to hold up the line for waiting customers. Don't you know!

Reply to
Oren

Where's the UL listing? I don't see it mentioned at Amazon or the company's website.

$146 for one wall outlet is ridiculous for something that doesn't include ground fault, arc fault, and surge protection and an L-C EMI filter. Why not just buy UL hospital grade outlets for $15-50 apiece? Better yet, save your money and buy the second-cheapest outlets from an electrical supply or hardware store for about $2-3. They're made of tough nylon, unlike the $0.50 outlets, which are made of brittle plastic (phenolic? Bakelite?).

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

"larry moe 'n curly" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z41g2000yqz.googlegroups.com:

Yea for that price it should do for men what those fancy showheads do for women.

Reply to
Red Green

"larry moe 'n curly" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z41g2000yqz.googlegroups.com:

Yea for that price it should do for men what those fancy showheads do for women.

Reply to
Red Green

I'm astounded that a company actually stocks the darned things.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hmmm, A relation to Monster cable?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, One review is missing, the one says that thing saves energy, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

And such a discount, 28 cents off list. With that whole .1% discount, they're practically giving them away!

Mike O.

Reply to
MikeO