product opinion wanted?

Page 1 of 2

I used regular old Leviton (I think? not sure) "spec grade" duplex receptacles for all the receps upstairs in my house. Someone sent me a link to this product and I am wondering if perhaps I should return the unused ones and purchase these instead. They do look like a superior product but I'm not sure if they're worth the price premium.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Nate... Iam sure you have more good sense than money. What a rip off. Warren

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
*LOL I'm not sure how much value those things will add to the house. Go with Hubbell or Pass & Seymour if you want to upgrade, but you should be fine with the Leviton for normal household use.
John Grabowski wrote:

Hmmm, A relation to Monster cable?

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Damn! I had to check the calendar again to be sure it was no April Fools' Day

theres a sucker born every minute, bet congress specs these for all governent work, it fits their price pork piggie model............
what a ripoff, just like monster cables
Charlie wrote:

Socket/dp/B000930W4M/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Did you read the reviews? They're hilarious.
Rick Brandt wrote:

From my lips to God's ears: I did not write any of the reviews.
Rick Brandt wrote:

Hi, One review is missing, the one says that thing saves energy, LOL!

If you buy even one of those, I have a bridge or two to sell you at bargain prices.

Can I "back stab" the wires with these and do the come in a GFCI version?
Nate Nagel wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Amazing what some people will buy. I expect the same customer base as Monster (hype and markup) Cable, CD stabilizer bricks, Oxygen free copper power cords and the like. All snake oil.
If you want a top grade receptacle, get a hospital grade Hubbell.
Nate Nagel wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Audio grade BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Jon

Just plug your speakers into the outlet, and you get a nice, clean 60 Hz hum..

Check into an extended warranty :-)
150 bucks for an outlet?

http://i50.tinypic.com/11bkos2.jpg

Is it available on the site so I can read it :-/
I don't want to hold up the line for waiting customers. Don't you know!
Nate Nagel wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Where's the UL listing? I don't see it mentioned at Amazon or the company's website.
$146 for one wall outlet is ridiculous for something that doesn't include ground fault, arc fault, and surge protection and an L-C EMI filter. Why not just buy UL hospital grade outlets for $15-50 apiece? Better yet, save your money and buy the second-cheapest outlets from an electrical supply or hardware store for about $2-3. They're made of tough nylon, unlike the $0.50 outlets, which are made of brittle plastic (phenolic? Bakelite?).

Yea for that price it should do for men what those fancy showheads do for women.

Nate Nagel wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)

I'm astounded that a company actually stocks the darned things.
TDD