Problems with Forced Air Heating Unit

Put my unit on for the first time this year. The heat clicks on and off when the switch is set to 'auto'. When I switch it to 'fan' it just blows cold air.
Any input?

The "fan" is just to run the fan all the time to circulate air. Put it back to "auto" if you want heat.
THanks for the quick response Edwin.... I turned toe fuse switch associated with the unit on and off and got it to work.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Leave it on auto, if it doesn't heat your home call a heat & air service tech & have the entire system checked for the heating season. - udarrell
http://www.udarrell.com/airconditioning_eer_ratings_over_seer_ratings_central_systems.html