Problem with washing machine

I'm having a problem with my GE Medallion 830 washing machine. When I run the washer smokes starts coming from the motor. So far I've checked the motor, pulley, relay, clutch and hoses, and have been unable to find the problem. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Jon wrote

"Medallion 830" doesn't help to identify the appliance you have I'm afraid, what is needed is the appliance's *model number* as printed on the washer's model and serial number tag.
You can find tips for locating the model number tag on your appliances in the repair parts section of my site linked below.

During the fill, the wash, the spin, during all or a combination of them???

What did you "check" them for and *how* did you check them?
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+GE+washer
=~~~~~~
The model number is W830EW1191.
Smoke comes out of the motor when the agitator starts turning, just after the drum has filled with water.
I checked the hoses for any blockages - none found
I checked the pulley to make sure it was not damage and that I could turn it my hand. I also checked to make sure it was not to loose or tight.
I have since replaced the motor and relay, but I'm still having the same problem.
Thanks,
Jon.

I would have suggested the motor starting relay or motor itself but assuming they were installed new and wired correctly, they are not likely the cause (unless your trying to run the washer when *not* in an upright position).
Can you turn the transmission pulley by hand? If it is jammed up, it could put too much strain on the motor and cause it to smoke.
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+GE+washer
=~~~~~~
The motor and the relay are both new products. When I tested the washer it was in the upright position.
Yes I can turn the pulley by hand.
Jon.

Hi,

Older porcelain on metal inner basket style. M830 is a name and not a model#. Model# helps if needed, http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html

A sticky motor relay often allowed the start winding ot stay on too long and the motor to cook up, are any of the motor winding blackened?

How did you check?