Problem with washer?

For the past few months, I've had a water pressure problem with my washer. Forget about washing a load on cold because the water comes out with a pressure of a little more than a faucet drip. It works fine if I use the warm cycle, but then I have the issue during the rinse cycle.I dont know if the problem is with the washer or if its the washer connection. This is getting to be a pain because if i let it finish washing it takes about 2 hrs. Here lately instead of waiting i would just restart it on the wash cyle to let it rinse, the only thing is Im using more power.

Reply to
jen2006

Disconnect the hose from the valve and make sure you have a good flow of water from the valve. If you do the problem is probably in the inlet valve or the filter washer that is usually present. To check the filter washer remove the hose from the inlet at the washer and check in the inlet and in the end of the hose for a small screen; pull it out and make sure it is clean and/or pick up a new one at the hardware store and replace it. If the filter/washer is clear and the water flow from the wall valve is good then the problem is probably in the inlet valve. Remove the inlet valve and disassemble it to check for blockages.

Reply to
Eric9822

What's your pressure like at other faucets?

Check the screens at the input to the washer, or if they're not there, possibly between the faucets and the hoses. They're probably full of stones. Especially if they have worked on the pipes anywhere between your house and the central water supply, they get little stones in the pipes.

Reply to
mm