Problem with a fridge freezer

My fridge freezer has an on / off button and has recently developed the habit of turning itself off. When I press the on / off button it starts as if nothing happened, but then turns itself off at random times. Apart from this (major) problem it seems to be running fine. Does anyone know if it's worth having repaired or even if there's anything I could do to help fix it?
Thanks Jimmy
Jimadebo wrote:

Telling us the make and model might help you get an answer...
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

So there is nothing in the door or on a shelf that could topple and push the off button by mistake?
I couldn't google this model# but if power is turned on/off by a button, I have to assume it is controlled by some kind of computer (microcontroller). Once those start acting up, pretty much all you can do is replace the control module. Try unplugging the fridge for a minute to reset the controller and see if that makes a difference.
Either the digital controller is flaky or something connected to it is which causes it to go into a protected shut down mode.
Definately call the support phone number, you might learn something unexpected like a fault code that can be read out somewhere.