Priming Flashing

I just had my roof replaced. There is one place where the new flashing is up against the wood siding. I need to paint it white to match the rest of the house. What is the best primer for the flashing?
Bill

Hard to beat RustOleum on metal.
Joe
On 5/30/2008 10:11 AM Joe spake thus:

Yes, or any good *oil-based* primer.
Remember the importance of prep. Be sure to clean the metal before painting. Vinegar is good, as it slightly etches the surface to make the paint adhere better.
conversation with the average voter.

What, copper, galvanised, aluminum, rust oleum oil will not work best on galvanised.
ransley wrote:

It is supposed to be galvanized. I don't expect they would have changed.
Bill

Are you sure it not aluminum
On Fri, 30 May 2008 10:58:39 -0700 (PDT), ransley

They call it Tremclad- but it is a Rustoleum product; http://rustoleum.com/product.asp?frm_product_idT5&SBL=5 "Specially formulated to provide adhesion when topcoating galvanized metal "
Point made, though, is 'use the right primer.'
Jim