prevent electrical plug from wobbling loose?

Page 5 of 5

You are on the right track!!
Can't just replace the recepticle?

You are on the right track!!

If the receptacle is arcing, any business owner that ignores it is just plain nuts. Any employee that wouldn't tell the business owner/ manager is also just plain...oh wait...she's your friend...I'll be polite.
Let's put it this way. If I worked in a shop and a receptacle was arcing or my electrical equipment didn't stay plugged in securely, I'd try my equipment in another receptacle to determine the root cause.
If it turned out to be the receptacle, I'd let the owner/manager know as soon as possible. I'd mentioned the possibility of a fire or injury to staff or customer. As I said, any business owner that ignores a situation like that just plain nuts.
On 10/3/2012 11:46 AM, bob wrote:

If you do a strain relief, use a spring attached to the outlet and a clip on the cord. An extension spring similar to a screen door spring works well. It doesn't have to be that long just have a loop in the cord a bit shorter than the spring. It keeps a lot of jerking motion off the plug. ^_^
TDD

Replace the worn out outlet.