Pressure Reducing Valve really necessary?

Granted the pressure is high if it can briefly get to 100. However, given that the water heater in my townhouse has lasted 21 years without a leak, would it be unreasonable for me to believe that the water pressure really isn't a problem? My mom lives in the same development and she does not have a PRV valve either. I only know of one neighbor that has one.

Nobody is requiring that I install a PRV valve. It is a question of whether or not it is a good idea to install or a waste of money.

surereading. =A0That is not how it works. =A0Or maybe you're hoping

Reply to
JayN

essurereading. =A0That is not how it works. =A0Or maybe you're hoping

People here have mentioned valid reasons that a PRV makes sense. You seem to be asking for someone to convince you - that is not the function of a newsgroup. It's an exchange of ideas - whether you choose to accept the advice and experience of other is up to you.

The plumber you originally spoke to has some issues that would tend to throw his conclusion into question - that does not mean he was offering bad advice, nor offering a good price. Have you picked up a phone to get another opinion or are you still trying to solve this theoretically?

Here's Watts page on PRVs to get you started on some research of your own:

Please note the part about reduced water consumption and cost savings.

You should also take a look at how you are quoting people in your replies. A little tweaking needs to be done. You are not providing an attribution to the quoted commentary which makes it difficult for people to follow who said what. Top posting just adds to the problem.

RicodJour