Powered Computer Speakers - No Sound

Have him RTFM, Stormin, auto lock and, IIRC, the headlights are programmable from the DIC (Driver's Information Center). I had a Park Avenue where everything was programmable. Auto lock was ON or OFF, Unlock was OFF and ON as well as Just the driver's door or all doors. Right side view mirror programmable to look downward when in reverse so you could see how close to the curb you were and on and on.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

+1 on my Buick. (?????)/\(??? ???¸)
Reply to
bob_villain

While I won't argue that it is a good idea to read the manual, I would like to point out that different models and even different trim levels within the same model line have different levels of programmability and it's far from linear or even logical.

I have 3 Hondas. I'll ignore the 2003 Element because of the age of the vehicle. Let's look at the 2006 Odyssey EX-L and the 2007 Civic LX. The EX trim level is higher than the LX trim level, therefore the Ody has many more creature comfort features than the Civic LX. There is a vast amount of "electronics" in the Ody EX compared to the Civic LX. However, I can program the locks in the Civic LX in something like 4 different configurations, yet I cannot program the locks in the Ody EX at all. Programmable locks in the Ody are not available until you reach the Touring trim level.

My point is that we can't use any blanket statements regarding the programmability of features, even within the same manufacturer, and even if the same trim level designations are used across model lines. It really is model line specific, at least within the Honda world.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

High end Honda, Acura has MID features one can program. If you have after market remote starter/alarm installed it can have more features and it over rides OEM features. I always have after market one installed when I buy new vehicle and program everything the way I want. Stock remote start has very poor range. One reason I don't care about that.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I got an unknown slot into the dash of my new Kia - not marked - - not in the owners manual that I can find - Duh .. It took me ~ 10 minutes to crank the spare tire down & remove it - ... another 10 minutes to put away the jack .. Duh. I also bought a new wireless laser printer today .. Anyone know the number of the suicide hotline ? ps : the printer's USB install was a breeze ! for both the olden XP Pro tower and the Win 8 laptop - sakes alive ! but I'm a wireless luddite .. I think I need a wireless hub ... or home network ? .. to allow the new printer to be used with visiting laptops or smartphones ... ? Dunno .. Nothing is simple. John T.

hubops

Also your job to remember to turn them off when you get where you are going at 10 in the morning, after having to turn them on a 6 when you left home - - - -

I like the automatic headlights on my Taurus - and if I don't want them, all I have to do is flip the switch to either OFF or ON instead of AUTO... Seems to me Ford got it right - and GM doesn't even have a headlight switch on some??

As for the locking - it's programmable. You can program whether they auto-lock, and even auto-open on some cars - and whether all doors or only the front, or only the driver's side open.

It's a bugger when they start locking and unlocking as you are driving down the road though - particularly when the alarm also goes off sporadically when you park the car. Fixed my wife's Taurus today - the "door ajar" switch was fussy so I bought a new one from the dealer for $27.00 and spent half an hour skinning my knuckles putting it in (after spending an hour Friday troubleshooting it) Don't know why everyone wants to overpay for stuff by buying it online

- best online price I could find was something like $31 American plus $18 shipping and another $9 or something in brokerage fees - and that was for an AFTERMARKET part - not even a genuine Ford. The "stealership" didn't have it in stock, but ordered at 1pm yesterday it was ready to pick up at 8am today.

Reply to
clare

Thanks. I never thought of that.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

Now, what did I leave turned on, this time?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And the dinger is more likely to go "bad" than the automatic headlights - or to have been disconnected by the previous owner when you buy a 15 year old vehicle.

Reply to
clare