Porter Cable Quality ???

Page 2 of 2

Many have replied with input. Haven't seen anyone mention Hitachi. Maybe their hand power tools are shit or just that they have not been out long compared to the rest and no test of time.
Last year I needed a 12" compound miter saw. My 10" cast iron Craftsman just wasn't cutting it any more and I had to bevel a lot of 1x8's. Did a lot of work with it from fine cutting trim to going through 4x4's like butter. Really happy with it. But then again, it's only been a year.
Red Green wrote:

I have the 12" Hitachi and have no complaints, works great. I do a lot of crown and needed the extra 2" and didn't want a sliding miter.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"

I might have liked the $lider :-)