portable dishwasher

I just purchashed a used portable dishwasher and am very exciting to use it. Small problem though, we have a nice faucet with a built in sprayer. I am unable to attach the adapter part to the faucet because the threading is not long enough to grab on to the faucet. The threading in the faucet is pushed back a little. The faucet was quite expensive and I dont want to get rid of it but I cant seem to find the proper adapter for this faucet. Anyone have any advice. Hope this email makes sense

Good chance the manufacturer of the faucet has a customer service help line. Ask them about using standard adapters on their faucets. While most do follow some standard of compatibility, they may not.
Be careful hooking a portable washer to a faucet w/pull-out sprayer. I have one of those, I love it but the sprayer supply line has only a little o-ring sealing it. It isn't made to take full water pressure with no flow, like when a dishwasher is hooked up. In my particular faucet, the water goes into the mixer valve, then goes out to the faucet. When the water is turned off, that o-ring has no water pressure on it.
My faucet specifically states not to use portable dishwashers, and I am betting that's the reason. You might want to check with the mfg to be sure your faucet can handle a dishwasher hookup.
My solution was to use a nearby bathroom sink, just a few feet away (very small house, bathroom is off kitchen)