porch fan need on/off switch?

I am installing a new porch fan. The romex to the box in the ceiling connects directly to another box in the attic and from there to the main panel. All connections are weather protected. I plan to put a remote control assembly above the ceiling, so there will not be anon/off swich to the fan other than the remote 'clicker'. Is it acceptable to have the 'clicker' on/off remote (located inside the house) as the only means to turn the fan on/off, other than at the main breaker? tia
snipped-for-privacy@DELETEhotmail.com wrote:

Can't answer your code question, but I guess I'm showing my age 'cause I'd think a pull chain switch on the fan motor would be simpler.
Unless of course you can't easily install such a switch on the existing fan or you're seeking security against unauthorized folks controlling the fan. <G>
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

The fans typically have an on/off switch/chain in additon to the remote. Certainly there are many to choose from that do. IMO, if you don't already have a wall switch, it's usually not worth the trouble putting one in. Some have claimed there is some code issue involved, but I'm not aware of any code that says you have to have a wall switch.