Popcorn

The temperature of the water as it goes in the top is the "brewing temp". The temp of the water after it passes through the grounds and drips into the pot is not nearly the same temp. You have read the specs but don't understand what they mean.
Add pictures here
✖
On May 14, 7:55 am, snipped-for-privacy@nowheremonfrere.com wrote:

After the grounds are saturated there isn't much heat lost.
Add pictures here
✖

Guess again!
And there is further heat lost as the coffee trickles into the pot.
Please try again when you know what you are talking about and have some credible references to back you up.
Add pictures here
✖
Bottom line, only a MORON puts a beverage cup BETWEEN THEIR legs and then takes off the cap, moving car or not. You're just begging to have liquid spill on you, hot or cold. Who does that? Only morons.
Add pictures here
✖

✖

How 'bout I take my favorite thermometer into "day-job work" with me this coming Friday and I check out the temperature of the coffee that I purchase from Dunkin Donuts on a "usually weekly Friday late-afternoon run" on behalf of and reimbursed by the owner of my "day job" workplace?
That particular Dunkin Donuts would have its address being some odd number in the 3400's of Walnut St in Philadelphia PA USA, with zip code of 19104.
I did just now put this thermometer into the backpack that I commute with to/from my "day job", usually by bicycle.
I dare to do so because my "day job" has a Bunn "Pour-O-Matic" that delivers coffe that gets served at temperature more like 158 F even mere seconds after going into either a plastic mug or a styrofoam cup. That is according to the above-mentioned thermometer!

✖
On May 13, 12:10 am, snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) wrote:

DD dialed down their serving temperature, too, after McDs got bitch slapped. It's barely warm enough to drink on the spot.
Add pictures here
✖

I seem to think that stellawards.com cited serving temperature of 185 F.
And I have been somewhat crazy enough to on a few occaisions take a thermometer into the workplace and deploy the thermometer unto the coffee...
The output of the Bunn "Pour-O-Matic" at my "day job" mere seconds after filling my cup was 158 F. And my cup was a plastic mug with name of one of one of University of Pennsylvania's fraternities.
I even carried the same thermometer into the place of business of my biggest client. Mere seconds after serving into a styrofoam cup, I measured about 147 degrees F.

I consider the famous McD-coffee case to have low similarity to abusing "microwave popcorn" due to the infamous coffee not being abused except by its seller (in large part from unusually high serving temperature and by its customers necessitating abuse due to abusive packaging design [coffeecup lids having a design more promoting spills]).

✖

Cup says, "CAUTION HOT"
I'd say that's an EPIC FAIL on reading directions, myself...
Add pictures here
✖
On May 13, 9:50 am, snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com wrote:

Prior to the lawsuit everyone here has made mention of, the cups did not carry that warning in any way which would be recognized as a warning... The old cups used to have very tiny letters which blended in nicely to the decorative designs on the cup...
EPIC FAIL to not have a clear warning label on a beverage container when the liquid inside is hotter than someone can safely drink it when it is sold to them... You can now thank that little old lady who burned herself with hot coffee for the clearer warning on the cups used now...
~~ Evan
Add pictures here
✖

She was not driving. She was a passenger. And the car was parked.

Add pictures here
✖

Because the coffee temperature was unusually hot for coffee and the coffeecup lids used by McD's then were of a design unusually prone to causing customers to to spill hot coffee. And McD's resisted fixing that after something like about 600 burn injury complaints until one went as far as the famous lawsuit.
Furthermore, she was not driving the car. The car was parked when she spilled coffee onto her crotch and as a result needed skin graft surgery to repair 3rd degree burns (as defined by killing the entire thickness of all layers of the skin in at least a significant part of the burn area).
There are much better examples than this one for citing how USA has excessive existence/extent of lawsuits.

✖

Wishful thinking. If he decided to sue, I would give him a better than 50% chance of receiving a settlement.
Case in point, the VERY famous case of a woman pouring McDonald's coffee on her crotch and receiving a very tidy sum. You liberals and personal injury lawyers can whine and cry about the coffee being hotter than it needed to be all you want, but the coffee never should have been in that general location to begin with.
It's not going to get any better until people start practicing what they preach, and sticking with their convictions.
Add pictures here
✖

that it does really well and 0 cleanup. I just can never seem to find a paper bag when I want popcorn.
Add pictures here
✖

A guy at work set the timer for 30 min instead of 3 and walked out the break room. The popcorn caught on fire and had to be put out with a fire extinguisher, Unfortunately the only extinguisher was a huge dry chemical job and the guy using it emptied the whole thing. WHAT A MESS.!!!!
Add pictures here
✖