POOL GENIE GEL PURIFIER AND CONDITIONER Help???

Has Anyone used the Pool Genie???
(Pool Genie® is a synthesized derivative from anti-bacterial and proprietary products that helps control fungi, algae, and bacteria. These formulations are blended into non-toxic gels that purify and condition your water, drastically reducing the need for chlorine, bromine, or other sanitizers. Genie brand gels sequester nutrients, namely phosphates and nitrates, from which most algae and bacteria feed and thrive. Genie gels are super effective in keeping your water crystal clear while saving you the ravaging effects of most harsh sanitizers. Genie gels are designed for any type pool or spa, regardless of the type.)
I am installing a new liner and saw this product. It's used instead of chlorine to keep water clean. Should I switch??? How safe is it???
Add pictures here
✖
Ed Kaz wrote:

I'd bet on a copper sulfate based product. The allegations sounds like those here http://www.crystallineh2o.com , except this guy says you can keep the chlorine *at* 0.6 ppm max and you'll be fine. Oh sure, 0.6 ppm in a pool full of cyanuric acid... Get the msds you'll know what in there, probably CuSO4*5H2O .
My view: Pool water that's properly filtered, that's well balanced and sanitized is crystal clear, it does not irritate, does not smell, has no algae and is pathogen-free.
Add pictures here
✖