Polyurethane question

New bow window was installed and I am about to polyurethane it. The wall around it has been taped. The exposed material is most likely aluminum or fiberglass (I can call and find out tomorrow). Must I tape that too? Or can I clean that afterwards - if so, with what?

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

Yes, unless...

  1. You can apply the varnish without getting it on it.
  2. You don't *care* if you get varnish on it _____________

Yes, with paint remover. Will it damage the material? Not aluminum, don't know about FG. The question is, could you apply it without getting it on the varnish (not likely)? ________________

BTW, the varnish is going to wick under the masking tape. Sorry...

Reply to
dadiOH

Nooooooooo, don't poly the window, you won't see very well through it. Just do the trim.

You'd be better off taping the exposed material. Once poly dries, it can be a bugger to remove cleanly. Scraping is about the only thing that works. Solvents won't cut it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski