Pole saw(pruner) Recommendation

Hi, Spring time for clean up. I need one. Any suggestions/recommendations? I looked at one, Fiskar brand at local Costco. Price was 109.00 CAD and it can reach 12 feet. I'd like one which can reach upto ~20 feet. TIA,
Tony Hwang wrote:

I think you'd find that a pole saw which could reach that high would be dangerously unweildy to use unless you've got arms as strong as a gorrilla.
A pull rope pruner might be extended that high, but it too could be a bear to manage if it started to swing down.
(Someone please enlighten me if I'm wrong about that.)
I use a rope saw for trimming high stuff aronud our property. Cheap and safe (As long as you plan your escape route before the limb falls.):
http://right-tool.stores.yahoo.net/higlimhancha.html
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Tony Hwang wrote:

During my CATV Construction days we used Jameson which might be more money then you wanted to spend. But will last forever and built in the US not China!!!
http://wesspur.com/Pole-Saws/pole-saws.html
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"

I bought a Corona last year at Lowes and would reccommend it. It doesn't go 20 ft but....... http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId675-63731-TP%206570&lpage=none
Tony Hwang wrote:

Consider the physics involved. I have a 12 foot that I just bought, whatever brand Lowes sells, and I can barely steer it, much less saw with it, other than right near main trunk. (and I'm a big guy) You are basically trying to saw through one spring, with the tip of another spring. The lopper only cuts up to an inch or so. So far, the thing has mainly been useful for the hook to pull down deadwood that the next windstorm would have gotten anyway. IMHO, anything over 12 feet is pretty pointless.
Safety tip- wear a hardhat. I didn't bother searching mine out from wherever it ended up last time I used it years ago, because I was eager to try out my new toy. Sure enough, one of the falling limbs tagged me in the head. If you don't already own one, buy one.
-- aem sends...

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId051&langId=-1&catalogId053&productId0624728&N000003+90401+528376
I got one of these and am very pleased with it.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId051&langId=-1&catalogId053&productId0624728&N000003+90401+528376
oops; wrong link. this is the one, invaluable.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId051&langId=-1&catalogId053&productId0615512&N000003+90401+527130