pluming below level of septic mound

I am looking at a house that has a full bath and a wet bar in the basement that is considerably below the below grade from the septic tank. What do I need to make sure is in place to ensure waste water/material does not flow back into the house?
--
pa jay

Backflow preventer. AKA check valve.
I am looking at a house that has a full bath and a wet bar in the basement that is considerably below the below grade from the septic tank. What do I need to make sure is in place to ensure waste water/material does not flow back into the house?
--
pa jay

On Feb 22, 9:57 am, "Stormin Mormon"

That plus an ejection pump system that is installed correctly, still in good shape, etc. I'd be careful with that particular kind of thing, because it's often a DIY job, no permits, etc. Whole house should be gone over by a competent home inspector. Might be worth paying a plumber to look at the specific issue in question too.
On 2/22/2013 10:07 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Inspector is a good idea. Personally I don't like having to pump stuff up hill. Electric might fail and you can't use the facility. Neighbor has a septic where tank is below his house but waste water must be pumped up hill above the house to drain field. He had an electric failure in the pump. Don't know if it got messy.
On 2/22/2013 12:26 PM, Frank wrote: ...

+1
OP should look for another house--there are enough maintenance headaches w/ any property w/o looking for avoidable ones from the git-go...
On Friday, February 22, 2013 7:36:16 AM UTC-5, pa jay wrote:

t that is considerably below the below grade from the septic tank. What do I need to make sure is in place to ensure waste water/material does not flo w back into the house? -- pa jay
It's more common than most people realize. If there is a toilet then it sh ould have a macerator pump. There should be a check valve as well. There will be a well the pump lives that will hold some waste in but basically yo u should not use the below grade fixtures during a power outage. If it doe s not have an alarm you should ask that one be installed.