Plumbing Noise

I have been trying to diagnose a plumbing noise problem with no success and would appreciate some more seasoned advice.
When I open the upstairs bathroom sink cold water faucet just a little I get a strong loud vibrating sound. It goes away as I increase the water flow.
No problem with the hot water faucet or downstairs faucets (hot and cold). I first thought it a hammer problem but that supposedly only happens on closing faucets and anyway I did bleed the system to all air back into the air chambers. But this ghoulish noise persists.
Pointers much appreciated. Thanks.
Christopher Oakland, CA

Loose or worn rubber washer? Check the seat while you have the stem out.
lee

out. But I expect there are many causes for plumbing noises.
On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 21:03:37 -0800, "Christopher Flores"

Could be a loose disk. The cold water faucet could have a disk floating around and vibrating as it throttles more, and vibrates less as it throttles less.
This would lead me towards repair/replace the disk.
Just a guess... Not your plumber.
tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

Google for "seat chatter."