Plumbing dilemma (toilet over new tile)

I just installed new tile, among other places, in a bathroom. The backer board, tile and mud have raised the floor just under 3/4 inches. I have found that when I tried to replace the toilet it did not make contact with the wax ring since the flange sits 3/4 lower on the original floor.

What is the best way to deal with this? Thanks in advance.

Geo

Reply to
taxpayer779

Go yo Home Depot. I believe there is a flange you can bolt to one existing to raise it.

Reply to
yaofeng

Or I think they sell extra long wax rings with a pvc extension to ensure no leaks. This extension might be enough for your needs.

Reply to
Mikepier

$5.49 at Ace Hardware will probably do it for ya, Geo. See:

Just in case this didn't occur to you yet, you'll likely need to get a set of hold down bolts too, unless the original ones were left overly long when installed.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Reply to