Plumbing dilemma (toilet over new tile)

I just installed new tile, among other places, in a bathroom. The backer board, tile and mud have raised the floor just under 3/4 inches. I have found that when I tried to replace the toilet it did not make contact with the wax ring since the flange sits 3/4 lower on the original floor.
What is the best way to deal with this? Thanks in advance.
Geo
Go yo Home Depot. I believe there is a flange you can bolt to one existing to raise it.
Or I think they sell extra long wax rings with a pvc extension to ensure no leaks. This extension might be enough for your needs.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

$5.49 at Ace Hardware will probably do it for ya, Geo. See:
http://tinyurl.com/cerfe
Just in case this didn't occur to you yet, you'll likely need to get a set of hold down bolts too, unless the original ones were left overly long when installed.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)