Plumbers trick needed

I am trying to replace the cup seals and springs in a single handle
delta tub faucet and the seals are behind the ball stem but they are towards the top inside and when placing the seals in the holes/ports they drop out before I can get both cold/hot replaced and get the stem back in. Is there something I can use to hold them in place before i can get the ball stem in.
--
garyswri

garyswri wrote:

Bread? If you wedge some white bread in there it might hold, then when H2O is introduced the bread will just dissolve.

Dab of petroleum jelly
On 07/22/2012 05:01 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I would use silicone grease, myself, to preclude the possibility of petroleum jelly eating away any rubber or latex items in the assembly. Silicone grease is also food safe, and generally handy to keep around for anything used around food.
Jon

Doubt that tiny bit would matter, but use something else. Mayonnaise or ketchup will work just as well for the little tension needed. Anything that is kind of pastey or goopy.
On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 10:08:39 -0500, Steve Barker

But that is a hydrogenated oil and would be banned in NYC.
On 7/22/2012 10:38 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

LMAO! i HOPE you're kidding.
--
Steve Barker

You need to be quicker with the balls. If you still cant get it in, go see a doctor. :)
Seriously, a plumber will use "PLUMBERS GREASE". Buy it right in the plumbing dept. at your hardware store.