Plugged aerator?

Bathroom sink faucet was so full of fine granules with slight pinkish color that is blocked all but a trickle of water. The bathroom, adjacent to the laundry, is just a garage wall away from the softener. Is this a sign the softener has a problem? Will check the washer hoses later today.
snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net wrote:

Slightly pink plastic granules sounds like the famous dip tube problem. It likely means you have an older water heater made with some of a then new type of plastic dip tube. As they found out the material can't handle the heat and falls apart. It should only show up on your washers hot water hose strainer.
There was a class action suite on this, I had mine replaced. However I believe it is too late to get in on that one. You can try searching the web for "dip tube class action" and see if you can find anything.
If it is not covered, you will have a choice to replace the dip tube or the whole thing. Consider the cost and the fact that your how water heater is about 9-15 years old now.
The dip tube attaches to the cold water inlet inside the tank. It carries the cold water to the bottom of the tank. With out a dip tube you will run out of hot water much faster than normal and you will continue to have problems with those granules.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Followed the infamous dip tube saga for many, many weeks and triple checked installation date of ours, still 8/96. Couldn't correlate the window with ours so merely read the thread for entertainment or whatever. We've had NO indications of hot water difficulties. DIL and granddaughter went to use the sink and probably used hot water faucet but don't know for sure. Can't imagine at all this is a one time anomaly and both of us will be watchful. Thanks for the suggestion Joseph.
On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:01:40 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"