Pine trees

Page 2 of 2
Terry wrote:

Here in the city of Chicago I just call 311 and ask for a "Forestry pick-up" and the city sends out one of its big blue trucks with da mare's name painted on the side and the chipper in tow and takes care of everything!
--jack

A lot of mills will not accept "back yard" trees because of the danger of embedded nails, etc. Their saws are too expensive to take a chance.
Find somebody with a fireplace who is willing to cut it up an drag it home.
Charlie

Wish I was close I'd take it for my wood stove!!!!!

Amazing. A whole thread about pine and not one person (I was going to say idiot but want to stay polite) didn't make the mandatory "don't burn pine, you'll burn your house down" post. We have all seen them, the posters who have never heated with _any_ wood and never knew anyone who had.
Harry K

chipper, have them chip up the material as it is cut down, then have them leave it behind for you to use as mulch.

Most plants won't accept trees from residential yards because of the high likelyhood they have nails, bolts, wire, etc. embedded in them. However landfills usually will take anything. I'd guess your tree cutter just doesn't want to take the time or expense to haul it off.
Red

how far away is the nearest paper plant? Maybe it would cost more to take it there than to a dump,even with dump charges.
You should have had it ground to mulch,used it around the house. Mybe if it were a LARGE tree trunk,a mill would take it for lumber,or maybe a hobby woodworker.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik