Phones -- all circuits busy

During the storm, a friend of mine rang my phones (land, and cell). Got the circuits busy message. If that happens, try a text message to cell. Sometimes text messages go through.
Email was still working, so he didn't worry too much.
Yes, oddly, I *DO* have a friend!
On Thu, 1 Nov 2012 08:57:53 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

All those damn mormons yakking to their 50+ spouses caused the circuits to be busy. Mormons should not own phones! There's nothing wrong with two tin cans and a long piece of string.
In order to get permission to use tin cans and string, I'd have to convert to Amish.