pests making holes near door

Hello,
Yesterday, we saw a swarm of what looked like winged flies/bugs of some sort. I'm not sure what they are, but they were piled up in a swarm. A few hours later, there were small holes near the edge of the door in the wooden part.
Is there something that we should spray to get rid of these bugs/pests from damaging property? How do we keep them out?
Please no flames. thank you!

You've got termites. Call the Orkin man.
lora wrote the following:

Why not:? Flames would kill them. :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Maybe termites,, get a pro opinion

Termites are swarming. You need an inspection, possible treatment. Termites can do a lot of serious damage before detected. Call a pro.